From Energy, to Life Sciences to Insurance, companies trying to accelerate Information Governance initiatives have similar goals and overlapping challenges. Many enterprises today are looking at methods for finding, cleaning and accessing content across disparate repositories, sources and formats to support these Information Governance goals. In order to leverage business information for future growth, it is key that ALL of an organization’s content is uncovered, examined and prepared appropriately to move through the document lifecycle.
The following challenges may sound familiar to you:
- Content resides in multiple repositories, shared drives – even filing cabinets, often containing duplicate, redundant, obsolete or trivial material
- Knowledge workers are performing manual steps that are inconsistent and time consuming, increasing costs and the risk of non-compliance
- Only some of your content contains real business value – but you don’t know where it all hides
- Content is locked in formats (legacy, non-searchable, zipped) that make it ‘Dark data’ – content that can’t be found or leveraged.
- Inability to find relevant content in a timely manner across teams and business units
- Sharing content once found is inefficient since consumers can’t access the formats, files are too large to download or cannot be viewed on mobile devices.
What if these problems could all be solved?
I don’t mean to imply that there is a single silver bullet, but there is some magic available. Standing on the shoulders of our best in class Advanced Rendering platform, we are able to help move enterprises closer to achieving their goals of gaining in-depth insight into their unstructured enterprise content through:
- Intelligent data extraction to uncover ‘Dark Data’ and information trapped in emails, images and other unstructured content
- Automated classification to eliminate manual efforts and improve content ‘findability’
- Advanced content compression to ensure speedy transfer of information to remote and external stakeholders via web and mobile devices
- Comprehensive long-term document archival to ensure accessible preservation of content and compliance with disposition rules and regulations
Together, these processes enable enterprises to solve critical business problems by achieving broad and deep insight into their unstructured content, allowing them to leverage it for future business growth. To learn more about the evolving possibilities, reach out to us at email@example.com. Until next time, here is some great reading on the topic of classification.
About the Author
As a senior executive, Scott has spent the last 20 years building Adlib into the thriving organization it is today. Scott has held customer-focused leadership roles spanning success, professional services, marketing, and support. He is passionate about business growth, the human impact of technology, and the pursuit of an ideal customer experience measured in the customers’ terms.